The Child Brain Injury Trust’s Legal Support Service Provider for the North East is Sintons Solicitors.
The firm supports and advises families right across the North East and is the only law firm working in partnership with the charity in this area.
Sintons Solicitors have an office in Newcastle and a team of dedicated experts who travel to meet families right across the region if it is needed to offer assistance on a huge array of legal issues that may affect a family when a child suffers a brain injury.
Andrew McGowan is the Head of the Neurotrauma department at Sintons. He has over 30 years’ experience in high value serious injury work both within the UK and internationally (that includes UK citizens injured abroad and also foreign citizens injured whilst in the UK).
Andrew has a proven track record of leading teams acting on behalf of seriously injured clients and providing support to their families. He is also a strong advocate of early intervention and rehabilitation for clients, working with insurers to ensure early access to the correct and best rehabilitation support available.
- 0191 226 3720
- Andrew is an APIL accredited Brain Injury & Spinal Injury lawyer
- He acts for clients nationally & internationally in cases involving brain and spinal injuries
- He has extensive experience of acting on behalf of seriously injured children in Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) proceedings. This includes physically injured children and those with neuro developmental disorders being born to drug and/or alcohol addicted parents
- Andrew has a proven track record of high value settlements and outcomes
Andrew was ranked in the Legal 500 2019 as a rising star
John is a Consultant Solicitor in the Neurotrauma team at Sintons and has over 30 years’ experience of representing clients across the UK many of whom have sustained serious injuries; in particular permanent life-changing neurological injuries, where he has actedfor both adult and child claimants.
- Consultant Solicitor
- 0191 226 3663
- John is an APIL Fellow and an accredited Brain Injury Specialist and Senior Litigator
- John is committed to obtaining funding for clients’ rehabilitation at the earliest possible time and ensuring that funds are available to meet their life-long needs. John and his team have secured damages payments totalling well over £100 million for clients
- As well as representing clients he frequently delivers training, not only to other lawyers but also to healthcare and other professionals working in the field of rehabilitation
He also has a long-standing listing as a “leading individual” in the Legal 500 Guide to UK law firms and was highly ranked again in the 2017 edition.
John has been described in the Chambers and Partners Legal Directory as“…probably the leading lawyer in the North East on neurological trauma,” a “technically brilliant lawyer” who has “a wealth of experience in handling high-value cases, including those involving serious head and spinal cord injuries”
Kate is an Associate Solicitor in the Neurotrauma team at Sintons. Since 2008, Kate has dedicated her career to acting on behalf of both children and adults whom have sustained life-changing serious injuries.
- 0191 226 7929
Each day, Kate works with clients whose lives have been forever changed because of an injury they have sustained through no fault of their own. She provides those individuals with straight forward legal advice. Kate seeks to obtain interim payments at the earliest possible stage to optimise a client’s rehabilitation potential and to enable a client to lead as full a life as possible.
Kate works alongside a team of passionate lawyers who are dedicated to securing the best result for their clients and to give them every opportunity to improve their quality of lives post-injury.
Kate is very proud to be described by her clients as being ‘willing to go the extra mile’, a ‘bare-knuckle fighter’ and someone not to be ‘underestimated’.
To view the full range of services that Sintons Solicitors can offer you, please read the booklet for the North East:
Contact Sintons solicitors:
If you would like to talk to someone from Sintons solicitors, please tell us a little bit about your enquiry and how we can contact you. One of the expert team from Sintons solicitors will be in touch with no obligation, free initial advice.